Friday, November 19, 2010

3 Nov 10 - 10 Days JiuZhaiGou Package tour

Day 6 - Mt Emei ( 峨嵋山).

Morning...Started off with some warm up. 1st performace by master of Emei Sect....


Next get ready for some warm up.


Why I said warm up? cos some of the exercise was similar to the warm up I have done before jogging.


My tour mates of different buses...


After that we proceed to Mt Emei ( 峨嵋山). We were on a bus which drove like roller coaster. Woo....very fast...especially the turn...




My tour mate getting ready to walk up Mt Emei.




Ticket again. Why do I have to take photo of the ticket??hmm..





If you do not want to walk, you can ask them to carry you. We had to walk around 600 steps before reaching the cable car.


Scenary before reaching the cable car.







There were so many monkeys! These monkeys were more beautiful than those in Singapore..haha..more furry? Eh..I not referring to those found in Zoo..


Eh...the mother was feeding big and small???




So many monkey's photo. Actually some were taken on the way back. Yes, we had to walk the long way back again.






After coming out from cable car, we had to buy this sock in order to walk on the slippery floor. The floor were too icy..


Below photos...at Mt Emei..












Excuse me for my nonsense photo again. Don't ask me what I am taking =P






Notice the elephant with 6 teeth?? I did not notice till after this trip the tour guide told us.





We were not able to see a very clear view of the buddha.


Taken from Wikipedia:  At 3,099 metres (10,167 ft), Mt. Emei is the highest of the Four Sacred Buddhist Mountains of China. The patron bodhisattva of Emei is Samantabhadra, known in Chinese as Puxian (普贤菩萨). 16th and 17th century sources allude to the practice of martial arts in the monasteries of Mount Emei made the earliest extant reference to the Shaolin Monastery as Chinese boxing's place of origin.



Simple, this is Four face buddha. Chinese called Puxian. Make wishes by walking three round clockwise, and to chant puxian buddha name. I can't remember the whole chant.













My tour mate told me to use my compact camera and took a photo of myself, 自拍. She said the photo looked extremely nice if taken like this. I tried and its true. Haha..with the background. My mum took it too and she said she looked like Mie Jue Shi Tai




My tour mate peel off the ice carefully and...took a photo of it as a mask.
And..I took photo of her..haha






The lock were wishes from the people...




The not nice corn....


At the jewelry shop...Boring me..found something interesting.


The people from the shop told us they found these puppies somewhere and brought them back and feed them with food. Such nice people..hope they kept them on good will....



Kawaii girl and kawaii puppy..