Monday, November 8, 2010

29 Oct 10 - 10 Days JiuZhaiGou Package tour

Day 1 - Xi'an

Reached airport very early in the morning, around 2am. Flight suppose to be 0350hrs but was delayed till 0530hrs. Sian..should have let us know earlier so I could sleep at home instead of waiting at the airport.

Hmm..what should I do? Took some photos.....


Ghostly look..


The quiet Changi Airport at 0252hrs


We spotted this corner and my mum rested happily while I trying to figure out my PSP when this smelly feet guy appeared! He came to sit near us and removed his shoe! WOW! disturbed our peace or rather mine cos my mum already fall asleep. I bare with it for awhile did not want to wake my mum up but I could not bare with it after 2 mins! I woke my mum up and changed to other seat. Hmm...wonder whether he knew that he got smelly feet? Eh..WHY HE CHOSE TO SIT NEAR US WHEN THERE WERE SO MANY EMPTY SEATS?!!!


My mum...


Brought with me PSP but the PSP could not load the games. Not even with the original disc of "Patapon" in it. Sigh..it could only load "007" downloaded games. Maybe cos it was under utilised. sigh...I had to carry it with me for 10 days and cannot play with it! Sian...What bad luck!

Nice view from the plane



 Finally reached Xi'an airport
There were a lot of transit/domestic flight in this trip. Quite tiring. Ok, we took China Eastern Airline to Kunming and transit to Xi'an.


Emperor Qin Shi Huang's statue??


On the way to the TerraCotta Museum


Ticketing..


Waiting to enter. Saw my tour mates? We had a lot of people in this tour till bus 9? Not sure, but Bus 1 and 2 were always together with 1 guide from Singapore, named, 红豆. Ok, I and mum were in Bus 1.


Ticket to Emperor Qin Shi Huang's Mausoleum Site Museum


We had to take this vehicle to the museum, cost us 10 RMB not included in package =(


I was actually looking forward to this visit! Heard and saw it on the internet and thought it looked interesting! However, me and my mum were disappointed. It was nothing fantastic. Hmm...was it because of the crowd? It was so crowded that day and I could not hear the guide introduction/briefing of this place.



Entrance of one of the museum



  Bronze Chariot and Horses




 Whole area of Terra Cotta Batter Array


The terracotta figures are life-like and life-sized. Hey..looked like the photo I took from the web which I posted earlier..haha


Can't remember which pit....


The Terracotta Army was discovered by some farmers who were digging a water well.

According to the tour guide, When these were dig out from the ground, these statues were colored but after a few minutes, the color disappeared due to expose to the air..if not they looked more real.








Taken in a shop.



These were not real, sold in the shop




The farmer who found the Terracotta


Shop selling Cute Panda


Structure of the Museum




As usual, must take some flowers/plants...


Dinner..We are having authentic Xi'an Dumpling feast.



I could not remember all the Dumplings name. These dumplings were nicely presented, however, the taste were...eh, hmm..not so tasty. Those filled with pork, there was a very strong pork taste. Not so nice.




 Mushroom Dumpling


 Walnut Dumplings







Ok, the below was interesting. It was hot pot with mini dumplings. The waitress told us that the number of dumplings you get represent different meaning.



If you get
1 Dumpling - 一帆风顺
2 Dumplings - 好事成双
3 Dumplings - 歩歩高升
4 Dumplings - 恭喜发财 

and I got 1 dumpling...


Ok, the soup was very nice!