Thursday, November 11, 2010

2 Nov 10 - 10 Days JiuZhaiGou Package tour

Day 5 - Jiu Zhai Gou - Chengdu  - Leshan - Quintessence of Chinese Culture - Face Changing and Blowing Fire Sichuan Opera

Morning, woke up and went to Jiu Zhai Gou entrance to collect our panda and to take group photo.


Bus Journey to Airport...Nice scenary however....
I did not set the photos to black and white..cos of the snow..everything become black and white =(
Ok 1 more thing. The trees in the photo were christmas tree!




After seeing the nice view from the bus window, we requested to make a stop for photo-taking.






At the airport. We were so scared. The previous domestic flight from Xi'an to Jiu Zhai Gou, the immigration officer asked me to remove the heat pat which I bought from Singapore. There were 10 packs and I had to throw them away. This time, in my luggage, there were still a few small and 2 big heat pat. Lucky, the officer never asked me to throw.


1 thing to note. Don't ever argue with the immigration officer even if he/she is wrong. Cos..their whole gang will make life very difficult for you! My tour mate did that and he was asked to open his hand carry items a few times!


We reached Chengdu and was received by a tour guide called Xiao Liu. Ok..he was the one who I booked my tour package from. He told us he went to Singapore to promote Sichuan. Hmm...actually quite chiam cos..initially they stayed in hotel...then shifted..a lot of places. To hotel in geylang and then to some rented house.

He also told us..Chengdu people like to brag, 吹牛. Hmm..think cos of his skill, I signed up the package.



Went to boat ride to see Le shan big buddha, 乐山大佛. According to the tour guide, Le shan big buddha is actually mi le fo, the laughing buddha....












Ok, something interesting. Did you see the sleeping buddha in the entry card below?

And below, I trying to see where is the sleeping buddha. I did not know till I saw the entry card and search for similar view.


Shops near the boat ride place.


Bought, mandarin oranges, logan and  persimmon. All very sweet! But mum complained the logan saying their "head" were white when skin peeled off and this meant the farmers put a lot of insecticide. Hmm..I had eaten quite a few. Anway, after she said that, I did not dare to eat anymore and in the end, most of the logan ended in the dustbin.


Our dinner.....


We had eaten lots of vegetable in China. More than what we had eaten in Singapore. Mum complained that she got no strength...cos there were not much meat in our meals...hmm..She had been to China many times and she should expect meals like this lor...hmm..


Ok..the meals..though oily and salty..but I lost almost 2kg when I weighed myself back in Singapore! HAHA...


Going fo Show at night.




This show was better than the Jiu Zhai Gou's show. Took some video but not able to upload. Too big liao =(