Wednesday, January 12, 2011

5 Jan 11 - Korea Trip Day 1

Flight 0235hrs by Asiana airline, nothing to do onboard but just sleep.
Since I was working today, I was so tired and slept throughout the flight =P
Reached Incheon airport at around 1000hrs Korean time. Korean time is 1 hr earlier than ours. ie, Singapore 0900hrs, Korea, 1000hrs.

There were only 12 of us following the tour. Hmm..we were all "cheated" by Chan Brothers.
We got to know this only on the last day when we were talking to each other about the cost of the tour package. Ok, why I said that we were "cheated"? We all signed up for 8 days tour suppose to depart on 3 Jan but Chan Brothers told us that there were not enough people to form the group (10 person to form a group) and asked us to change to 7 days. We had all comfirmed the 8 days tour and Chan Brother told us not enough people?!!!!!!!!!!!Hmm....Can we go back and argue???and ask for compensation of the 1 day??Hmm...

Day 1 - Yongin Everland

Freezing cold! Hands were numb even with gloves on. It was -1 degree celcius. Tour guide told us that it would get colder and colder for the next few days. To the korean, this was nothing but to us who live in Singapore, we were entering a freezer!

↓ At the airport


↓ Zombie look of me...


↓ Entrance, while waiting for our tour guide to purchase the ticket.


↓ Lots of kids visiting Everland.
According to tour guide their school holiday is quite long. Longer than the school holiday in Singapore.


↓ Photos of my cousin and her daughter on cable car.


↓ Kid enjoying the ride alone


↓ Lunch time - Mum's seafood fried rice
We were given coupon to purchase our lunch. Sigh..we could not choose what we want to eat.


↓ Lunch time - My udon set with pork cutlet
In Korea, kimchi is a must in every meal. You can request for refill as much as you wish. Here, in Everland, we could take the side dish which was located at the side of the "food court". Hmm..not bad, as compared to what I had eaten few years back. Hmm....Why do I have the impression that Korea's kimchi tasted awful/totally different from those selling in Singapore's food court?


↓ Snow display.. 


↓ Mum


Love this  ↓ photo of mum. This time she did not look like "Mie jue shi tai" cos she wore the hat that I bought but did not wear =(


↓ Mum not able to take similar effect...or maybe I am not pretty, so I made it into those 70s Japanese photo effect. 


So sorry, this time round, did not take a lot of scenary cos basically in Korea, you won't see a lot of scenary. So, mostly photos of US! Mostly taken with DSLR, 35mm lens for portrait effect. Even the scenary was taken with 35mm lens. Difficult cos angle not wide enough to take some of the scenary.


↓ Only one hand with glove?
I was so cold and my hand really "freeze" but cos I wanted to take more photos so I bare with it. Lazy to wear back..


↓ Round like snowman


↓ Mum wanted to help clean bear's teeth?




↓ Boy hiding from coldness?




↓ Empty cable car..
Tour guide told us to take the cable car down but it stopped functioning and we had to walk our way down. Lucky we walked down cos then I had the chance to play one of the thrill rides - Double rock spin. It was really different from the ride I played in Bangkok! This ride was longer cos I wished it ended soon. I felt like my food coming out during the ride...more shiong..

I wanted to try "T Express", roller coaster ride, but it was not functioning...hmm..
Did not try the rest, no time and nobody wanted to try with me.


↓ Parade
The kids got to participate later on but we did not understand what they said..


↓ Pacifier replacement?


Really like this photo.


Trying similar pose but not as nice as mum's pic above, so i cropped it, have it processed and it turned out not bad..


↓ Fast shot as the park attendance chase us away from the parade square.



↓ Trying out


↓ Tempted to buy but too kawaii? Don't think I will wear it out..


↓ Antique telephone booth






↓ Rabbit farm
Saw the rabbit raced. They competed with each other by going through obstacle.




↓ Christmas deco
Tour guide told us 70% of korean are christian/catholic. 30% buddhist.






Was busy taking photographs of surrounding when suddenly a bunch of kids followed me..and spoke to me in Korean..1st thought..Eh..here there is no poor people like those poor country where kids followed and asked for donation? Then I saw my hat...and realised I dropped it...haha..but...the kid who picked up my hat was eating hotdog with tomato sauce? Ya..my white hat got a bit of red sauce on it...which made another red spot..haha...



















Really love the christmas deco in Everland...maybe there was similar deco in our Universal Studio?




We saw lots of sweet, chocolate in this shop. Me and mum took a candy bag and scooped the different chocolate into it. It cost me around 22000 won which was around SGD26! Wow! So ex sia..not sure how much it weighed.. 







Regret...did not play all rides...
Did not go to all places on the map...
Not worth the price paid for the entrance...
Sigh..

Dinner after Everland.
Hmm...It was like everyday eating seoul garden food...BBQ

↓ Korean restaurant



↓ Everything was refillable.
Shiok, when we were asked whether we wanted to refill our meat, we said yes and they gave us another bowl of meat which was quite a lot! Then I started to think about T&D's seoul garden lunch, Joyce gained 1.5kg after her buffet lunch. Hmm...scary..




Eat the meat with their sauce, kimchi, meat and veg..


Our "hotel" room..




Btw, did not amend my mum's photo, kept it original so that she won't complain if she sees them.
Did not amend my niece or cousin's photos as well..Oh ya...haha..mum took nice photos of me??? She can become photographer liao! Hmm...Xin ku le cos I got high demand and she tried very hard to take nice photos in the angle as requested by me. Photos were retaken a few times and I taught her till.....Haha...anyway, I have amended those photos of mine..cropped...etc..so that they looked nicer lar..hmm..that makes my mum a good photographer in the end and me? Hmm...so..concluded, photos need to be edited...haha..(don't want to admit I am no good)