Monday, March 15, 2010

Sigma 18 - 200mm F3.5 - 6.3 DC lens

Planned to buy 18-200mm lens since CNY before my Taiwan trip. Been using his and he had nagged at me as I never bother to take care of it. Finally, I had my own lens!

Well, suppose to buy Tamron 18-200mm lens for $399 but the salesgirl told us that it was OOS yesterday. I was more disappointed when she informed that the price for Tamron 18-200mm lens might increase to $499. Alternative, I could take Sigma lens which according to her, Sigma performed better than Tamron and the price also more expensive, $699. $699?!!! which means $300 more!

She sms us at night telling us that she found 1 for us. We confimed immediately with her telling her that we would collect the lens the next day. When hubby went down to the shop today, she told him that she had made a mistake, the lens she found was without motor, ie could not auto focus. Then, they offered him Sigma brand at $450. Well, $699 to $450????How could that be? We got good deal??Hmm...no lor, This Sigma was older version so it was cheaper =(