Wednesday, May 22, 2013

22 May 2013 - 旅行台北

There's always a lot to see in Taiwan!

Making used of the 2 for 1 promo from jetstar to visit Taiwan again.
Total cost $535 with luggage and travel insurance.

I would want to travel to Japan which was also included in the 2 for 1 promo but mum was scared of the radiation. So strange that there was so many things that she was scared. I believe that if bad things going to happen, it will even if I am in Singapore. Well, I gave Japan a miss =(

Our flight was 0710hrs in the morning and we reached Tao Yuan airport around 12noon?
As usual, board the Freego bus which cost us TW140 and brought us to Relite Hotel.
We could not check in before 1500hrs so we went to Ximending for our lunch.
Heavy lunch on the first day! Steamboat buffet at 锅大爷.
Cost of buffet TW419 on weekdays.

 
Shopping at Ximending.
It started raining after our late lunch.


 
Well, check in to hotel.
Why this hotel again?
Hmm...searched all and found that this was one of the cheapest.
It was walking distance to Ximending and Taipei Main station.
Cost SGD 674.30 for 8 nights booked from Agoda.
 
Well, noticed that they had put nice wall paper in every room!
I saw some other room with nicer wall paper, side table and chair.
Well, I can't choose the room anyway.
 
The dining room for our breakfast was better furnished, with more tables and chairs.
However, I found that my neighbour were mostly PRC and they were noisy!
I could hear them laughing, talking loudly in the middle of night!
 
I was not sure whether I imagined things after I saw the bible in the drawer.
One of the nights, the light outside the toilet that we left it on was switched off suddenly. I thought our room blackout as the room was in darkness. I went to check on my mum who was using the toilet and noticed the toilet light was on. Mum came out and switched the light on.