Saturday, March 19, 2011

Say bye to Olympus?

Wanted to buy Olympus 17mm 2.8 or Panasonic 20mm 1.8 lens for my EPL2.
Wanted to take portrait picture with the new camera.

Went to sim lim today and was shocked to know that the price for Olympus 17mm 2.8 was >$400 and Panasonic 20mm 1.8 lens was $535.
Worse, someone was selling Olympus 17mm 2.8 lens for $230 and I thought maybe the lens was cheap! I missed the chance of getting that lens!

Hmm..my kit lens of 14-42mm did not satisify me..I was not able to zoom for far, and I was not able to take portrait picture. Asking another lens, 14-140mm and it cost >$800! It was even more expensive than my sigma 18-200mm lens!

I decided to sell my Olympus EPL2 Red away. Selling at a lost..bought at around $900, selling at 800. Received a lot of sms after i posted for selling via clubsnap. I reduced the price to $750 and had arranged for viewing tomorrow..sigh...

Sad...I love my red camera a lot! It was review to perform better than other brands.. Only that I had to spend more $$ to purchase the lens.

I intend to change to Sony Nex 3 cos of the portrait effect seen from my sis husband photos..
Not sure I will regret..sigh..but I know that I regret wanting to sell my olympus..sad...