Sunday, December 19, 2010

JB trip 17 - 19 Dec 10

Planned for JB trip by sis. She told me to book hotel and we would stay in JB for 2 night. However, she cancelled the hotel booking just the day before the trip and got refund. Why? cos her kids were sick. They were coughing very badly when the date to JB was near.

Me and mum decided to carry on with the trip. Though I felt quite stupid, why would we had to stay in JB when we could go home after shopping! People told me there is nothing in JB to worth the stay...hmm...

Hmm..Quite sian...wonder how to go JB? We decided to take cab from Bugis to JB, this way, we just need to remain in the car and no walking to custom required. The cab cost $10 / pax. ie, we had to share cab with another 2 person. So coincidence, there was one lady going Malaysia by cab too! And she was "Er Gu". Some old old long long time ago old actress. She was working as tour guide now in Malaysia. The taxi driver was so excited to have her in his car. Hmm...he even asked us to talk to her cos we remained quiet throughout the trip while the taxi driver talked and talked to "Er Gu" non stop.

Ok, this "Er Gu" said she was working in some tour agency in Malaysia and this tour agency was good cos they would pay the oversea tour agency promptly. While in Singapore, the tour agency she previously worked with did not and the oversea tour guide would treat her tour group very badly, will show the group black face, etc. Hmm..don't want to mention the agency name here..

The taxi brought us to the JB taxi terminal. We then had to take cab to our hotel which cost around 6 ringgit, but we gave 10 ringgit and the driver did not return us the change. Hmm...

↓ JB Taxi Terminal 


Reached hotel, sis asked me to book Grand Bluewave hotel, located....eh..don't know. Sis told me that it was near the checkpoint or near City Square but no lor....we had to take cab to City Square. I think the hotel was quite deserted. No other buildings beside..hmm..Visitors to the hotel were mostly Malays..Anyway, they gave us free upgrade to executive room. Big room with "living room", small small kitchen and bedroom of course.

↓ Grand Bluewave Hotel



↓ Free upgrade to executive room.



↓ Living room


 ↓ There was a mini kitchen behind the partition...


This for my sis..haha..her son and daughter name came from this cartoon..






Day 1, 17 Dec - Perm hair at City Square, Protrim. Hmm...it was crowded in Protrim. My hair was done by a female. She never asked me what I wanted to perm and decided for me. Yes..to perm the hair style of my hairstylist. Hmm..I told her, your hair does not look like perm hair, more like setting cos not much curl. She said if you did not want to look like auntie, natural perm like hers would be good. Hmm..then before I started perming, i pointed to another hairsylist whose hairstyle looked more like japanese with more curls. My hair stylist told me her curls with more layering and she afraid that I might not like it. Sigh..I left with no choice......

↓ Shops at City Square
No time to shop after I permed my hair..sigh..




↓ Can see my perm?? I was told not to wash my hair till Sun..sian..


Oh ya...there were 2 girl, their hair done by different hair stylist and their hair style was same as mine..hmm...Protrim only know how to perm such hair??Well, I felt that my hair looked straight with not much curls..oh ya...it cost me 300 ringgit to perm the hair with treatment. After conversion, it was around SGD 128. Hmm..still cheaper then Singapore's?


Day 2 Saturday..
The breakfast at the hotel were not bad. Not bad ba..i think haha..There were nasi lemak, roti prata section, noodle section, not sure what, maybe mee siam?? not sure.


Went to Holiday Plaza and Tebrau City.
I loved Holiday Plaza cos my favorite comics shop is there, how i wish I could buy back all the comics. Well, I had hard time carrying them back to Singapore on Sunday! So heavy...


↓ Shops at Holiday Plaza. Looks like those shops at Far East Plaza.


Bought 3 pairs of shoes, cheap! 1 jeans which cost around 30 ringgit, 2 t shirt, 2 pack of socks, undergarment for myself and him...things were cheap in holiday plaza but think not many people will buy ba..

↓ Shops at Tebrau City.



Bought a polo t shirt for dad..share with mum..cos I am suffering from economic crisis..Hahah..spent all my money..Bought a hat which cost 19 ringgit..Nothing else from tebrau city cos things were ex.

From Tebrau city back to hotel were so ex! Some taxi driver quote us 25 ringgit but we thought it might be ex cos the taxi we take to go there only cost us 16 ringgit. So we ignored his offer and went for meter taxi instead. BUT......it cost us around 40 ringgit to reach our hotel!!!!!!!!!!



Mum bought the hat too...


Day 3, lazy to go anywhere with the heavy luggage, so we went back to Singapore in the morning. Checked out, go to the taxi terminal again. From JB to Singapore cost 15 ringgit /pax. Hmm..cheaper but we waited like 1/2 hr or more. Anyway, we were back to Singapore safe!