Friday, June 4, 2010

4 Jun 10 - Mayim

His birthday and his mum birthday today. Went out for dinner. Still feel that my stomach was not alright yet. Seems like without the medicine, my stomach feel strange again. I popped 1 tablet before we headed out for dinner.

Went to Northpoint. Was told that it was renovated. However, still, there were not much shops and restaurants around. Found this Chinese restaurant which seems to be crowded. We did not wait long to get our seat though.




The design for the cutlery was not bad.





Home brewed lemon barley


"sou mei" tea with wolfberry fruits



Him, trying to be funny...


Me, with my sick stomach...


Noodle served dry topped with fresh prawn dumpling - The dumpling is nice, I couldn't finish...cos of my stomachache..He ordered wanton. I think the dumpling tasted nicer.


Stewed beef tendon with garlic and dried beancurd stick. This dish not nice.


Pan fried beanskin roll with shredded mushroom, celery, carrot and bean thread. This dish for mum - in - law. Vegetarian. Tasted.....not so nice.


Golden fried soft shell crab served with pickle sauce - Crispy but oily.


Shanghai "Xiao Long Bao" - Juicy, nice to eat while hot but I ate the most delicious xiao long bao in shanghai and this is not as good as compared.


Mini red bean paste pan cake with banana - This is quite nice but you will get sick of it after 2nd pcs.


Total bill, $70 plus.



Ok, actually this place is not bad after all cos there's a lot of dishes on the menu to choose from.