Sunday, June 13, 2010

12 Jun 10 - Tang Dian Wang

Went to Suntec again for the PC fair. Hmm...this time went with his 2 other colleagues from China. We told them we will go dinner 1st.

Went to Tang Dian Wang. Most of the restaurant with queue. This was no exception but the queue was shorter.



Nice red Laterns Style







He trying to pose funny again....


Nice milk tea with caramel jelly


Ok...this is the so call natural look of us..


姥姥红烧肉伴馒头
Braised Pork Cubes in Thick Sauce w/ Chinese Buns
A classic Chinese dish, the flavourful and tender meat is paired with buns for a wholesome finish.

This dish is very oily. The buns to dip the oily sauce?? hmm...think twice. The pork is nice, taste like sweet sour pork? Actually not bad if its not oily.



杭州酱鸭
Crispy Skin Duck in Hangzhou-style
Succulent duck meat with crispy skin is served to tempt your taste buds.

This dish, the skin of the duck not that crispy. Hmm..actually nothing special, just normal roasted duck with sweet black sauce. Compared to "Dian Xiao Er", I preferred the duck there.


烧烤河鳗荷叶饭
Grilled River Eel
The unique combination of fragrant Chinese lotus wrapped rice and Japanese grilled river eel makes it a definite must-try.

I ordered this. Actually I thought I could share with my husband but I think it might not be enough for him as the serving is actually for 1 person. Ok, not bad lar, glutinous rice. My husband said my rice got the eel taste but i felt that mine tasted the same as his.


烧肉咸蛋荷叶饭
Roasted Meat & Salted Egg
A mouthwatering dish presented in a neat parcel, wrapped in lotus leaves to encapsulate the flavours of fragrant rice, roasted meat and salted egg.

His order, I like the salted egg yolk only.

Can't find the actual name from their website. Its pork floss with fried binjal. Do not order this cos the binjal itself is tasteless.


Can't find the name of this also. Dessert, its actually steamed egg. I think Hongkong steamed egg tastes much much nicer. Or those sell in Chinatown tastes better. Don't know why, i could not finish the dessert. Its my 1st time for not finishing dessert lor.