Thursday, March 16, 2017

Sámi Culture Day with a Reindeer Sleigh


Back to Tromso.
 



 
Reindeer Sleigh at Tromsø Golfpark
It was snowing heavily and we still continued our ride.











 
We pity the reindeer and decided not to sit on the sleigh. But....
the guide sat on the sleigh instead! We lead the reindeer back and he enjoyed the ride.
It was not easy as we had to walk on the thick snow. It was tiring.
The guide seeing us like that never even asked us to stop for the exchange. He continued to sit till we reached.





 
The guide showed us the feeding for the Reindeer. We were taught how to catch a reindeer by casting rope.







 
This day, I almost lost my compact camera. I left my camera at the Tromsø Golfpark where we had our reindeer ride. I noticed it only when we were brought back to Tromso. We informed the driver but we travelled too far to be sent back. The driver told me that he would try to find it and send it back to me when he returned around midnight. We called the manager and he told me that he found my camera. Yes, it was sent back to me at the hotel! Lucky! Really thanks to the driver / the company!