Sunday, March 18, 2018

Alone in Okinawa 18 Mar 18

Going Okinawa alone. Hubby drove me to airport. After that I was on my own. Bored waiting for boarding of flight at 1.50am. I collected the Wi-Fi device and proceed to departure hall. So coincidence. I saw chen! She was alone going to Philippines. Told her I was alone going Okinawa. Hmm..should have followed her instead. 
 
There was nothing at the Okinawa airport. I did not see any Sim card shop. Maybe there was but since I got Wi-Fi device so I did not really search for it. If you go alone, the custom will ask more questions? I encountered that when I leaving the custom. The female officer appeared to be shocked when I told her I was alone.
 
Walked out of international airport building to domestic building to collect my 3 days bus pass which I bought from Klook. The tour agency was located on the 1st floor and it only opened at 9am and I reached at 8am. Anyway, in the Klook website stated if I opt for the 3 days bus pass I would get 1 day monorail pass free. This was not true. I did not receive the monorail pass. The bus pass cost 5000yen and Klook also sell at 5000 yen. So not much cheaper. However, the bus pass was really good. I travelled a lot and really worth it.

Bought breakfast at one of the shop.  The shrimp cost 300 yen, the luncheon meat and egg cost 250 yen. Think mostly foreigners bought from them on arrival. It was one of the shop that opened at that hour. There was another noodle shop at the end but no customer. Anyway, it was not nice. It would be nicer if there was sauce on it, too plain.
 

 
The monorail was on the 2nd floor of the domestic building. Bought the rail ticket from the vending machine to Asato station which cost me 300 yen. 
 
I was staying at Hotel Azat and it was easy to find. You can see the hotel from the monorail. Couldn't check in as it was early. I could only check in at 3pm. I deposit my luggage with the hotel and went out to search for sunflower.
 
Took bus 30 to 熱田 and it took around 1 hr 20 mins to reach. The bus was old. However, good thing was the stop name was displayed on the bus. 
 
The sunflower festival started in Mar and 18 Mar was the last day. No entry fee to the sunflower field. However, it would be good to come earlier as the sunflowers mostly withered.
 
Travelled alone...good thing was I could walk wherever I want without waiting. However, the selfie I took using selfie stick was ugly. I could even see myself holding the selfie stick. 












 
Went to Yomitan searching for another sunflower field. However, there was none. Stating road closure, under construction. Disappointed as I need to change bus to reach here and the waiting time and the bus journey was long.
 
Took bus to American village. Did not explore the village. Instead there was this Aeon Chatan. The bus stop was outside the shopping mall and I went shopping instead. Bought kose product for sister, tax refund on spot. Informed that I could not use the items in Japan for the tax refund. I bought sunblock. In Okinawa, I need a lot of sunblock. It was super hot when I walked around.
 
 



 
Took bus back to hotel.