Wednesday, May 4, 2016

SM TOWN, Bongeunsa Temple

We reached Seoul around 2230hrs on 2 May 16.
Actually I could not remember exactly what time we reached.
After collection of our luggage, we went to the information counter. Gave the number for the reception to assist us to call the hotel to fetch us from the airport. We stayed in Hotel AirRelax Incheon Airport for a night as it was too late to travel to our hotel in Seoul. It was a bit difficult to understand the English spoken. We were told to wait at gate 7 at the departure terminal and it would take around 20 mins, if I remember correctly. Anyway, around 15 mins they arrived.
 
The next morning, breakfast was provided by the hotel. We got transferred to the airport to take a bus to our next hotel in Seoul, Gangnam Artnouveau City.
 
I loved the hotel! It was very spacious with mini kitchen, washing machine, living room.
 
 
Initially I was thinking whether I should get a sim card or wifi machine which was quite troublesome. I need that as I need to take a lot of public transport especially bus which I did not know where to alight. However, throughout the 9 days, I survived without connection to the web to find the location.
 
 
To get around, 1st, we need to purchase "T money" card. I did not know where to get it. I asked the person in the subway station. Hmm..they called it subway...while we called it MRT? The person showed me this machine. We could select English on the machine. So we got our T money card. Quite cute, a box containing the T money card came out.
 
 
We went to SM Town.
 


























 
Well, it was raining and we were super cold. I brought with me 2 jackets and I wore both. Temperature was 12 degree. The forecast from the web shown 20 plus when I checked in Singapore. Actually was difference! Raining plus heavy wind....

 
Bongeunsa Temple.
May was their lantern festival. So temple were all decorated with lanterns.









 
Myeong-dong
Well, we spent most of our money here buying facial products.
I wanted to bring back everything! Can I?
Everything seems good!
 


 
Dinner....
wanted to do our BBQ...but in the end we ordered set meals..
Bibimbap.